City of Everett 125th Parade/Drum & Bugle Competition
On Saturday, July 22, Mayor Carlo DeMaria, the City of Everett and the Everett School Department will be hosting a parade and drum and bugle competition to celebrate the City's 125th Anniversary.
The parade will begin on the corner of Elm and Ferry Streets at 4:00PM and will proceed down Ferry to Broadway to Chelsea and will end at Everett Memorial Stadium. There will be hundreds of marchers including six Macy’s Day Balloons with such characters as Papa Smurf, Birthday Cake, Sun with Glasses, Ernie, Big Bird, and Jazz Fish. At the conclusion of the parade a national drum and bugle competition will take place at Everett Memorial Stadium beginning at approximately 7PM. There will be 16 bands competing.
Following the parade, the City of Everett will host a free competition for senior drum and bugle corps at 7 p.m. Musical ensembles from around the country will travel to Everett for the event at Everett Veterans Memorial Stadium.
Tickets are available for free. Attendees can download tickets from the City of Everett website or pick-up tickets at Everett City Hall front desk or the Everett High School front office.
There will be ample concessions at the stadium during the show, in addition to a beer truck sponsored by Craft Brewers Guild.
The gala parade will start at 4:00PM on July 22nd and will proceed to Everett Stadium. The parade will feature;
- 12 Drum and Bugle Corps
- 20 Characters
- 6 Macy’s Day Balloons
- EHS Crimson Marching Band
- Fire/Police Honor Guard
- Fleet of Fire trucks/ Police vehicles
- Concord Minutemen
- Middlesex County Sheriff’s Department
- Fire Chief Tony Carli & Police Chief Steve Mazzie
- Mayor Carlo DeMaria & Family
- Everett City Council
- Senator Sal DiDomenico & Family
- State Representative Joseph McGonagle
- Superintendent Frederick Foresteire
- Everett School Committee
- U.S. Constitution Company 1st Battalion 181st Infantry
- Babe Ruth impersonator
- Military Unit
- 28th Mass Civil War Regiment
- Boy & Girl Scouts
- Miss Massachusetts
- Miss Pre Teen Massachusetts
- American Red Cross
- Auxiliary Police
- Living History Association
- National Lancers
- North Shore Evangelical Missionary Church
- The Haitian Marching Band
- Gangi Bay State Strutters
- The American Marching Band
Community Resources:The City of Everett strives to improve communication about special events. Below are some ways to benefit the residents of Everett and event organizers. Feel free to give us any feedback!
• Feedback Form: Tell us what you think about our events! We welcome all residents and participant feedback and utilize this information for future planning.
• Weekly-to-Monthly Updates: Sign up for email or subscription updates, which will include a brief description of special events in Everett, including any other announcements from Department of Public Works.
• Online Calendar: View our calendar on the City website about all events within the City. When possible, it will also include road closure detail and contact information for reaching out to specific individuals for an event.
Mon Jan. 21
Tue Jan. 22 - Thu Jan. 31
Mon Jan. 28