NEW YEAR TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE
Mayor Carlo DeMaria is pleased to announce that beginning on January 24th the Everett Community Health and Wellness Center will be starting the New Year Transformation Challenge.
The trainers at the Health and Wellness Center explain that most people gain two to five pounds around the holidays. Studies show that weight gained over the winter holidays is not lost during the rest of the year. Overtime, this yearly weight gain accumulates and can cause issues in the future.
The Mayor wants to offer residents a program that can teach them how to keep off weight and stay healthy.
Members can sign-up at the Health and Wellness Center and will meet every Wednesday for a weekly weigh-in, 8:00AM to 7:00PM for 8 weeks.
Each week we will have recipes, exclusively for Challenge Team members. Weekly weigh ins, measurements, meal tracking, group training sessions, or personal training sessions, a point system, and workouts.
Participants will be offered a health journal, so that they can keep account of their food and exercise journey. All the challenge materials will be given out at the first meeting on January 24th at 5:30PM. The challenge costs $35.00.
The winner of the challenge will earn a grand prize of three months free at the center and five free personal training sessions.
How to Participate:
• Members can sign-up by stopping by the front desk at the Health & Wellness Center.
(Hours: Monday - Friday, 5 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday, 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
• The first meeting will take place on November 15th. The last meeting will be on December 27th. Both will take place at 5:00 p.m. at the Fitness Center lobby.
What You Need To Know:
• The program will begin on November 15th - December 27th.
• $25.00 per person
• Opening, Mid and Closing Meetings
• Weekly Weigh-ins on Wednesdays from 8am -7pm for 6 weeks.
• Each week we will have a few Holiday recipes, exclusively for Challenge Team members.
Weekly weigh ins, measurements, meal tracking, group traning sessions and workouts.
• Chat, check-ins, motivation and encouragement on our Facebook page through our private group page.
• Nutrition and fitness help from our staff
Let's motivate each other to reach our personal goals and work as a TEAM!